NOTE: when you first comment on this blog, your post will be sent to moderation. Unless your post breaks one of the rules, it’s likely to go through.
Because this is private property, I reserve the right to revoke your commenting privileges at all times. I will only invoke this privilege if you’re acting like an ass, so if you’re not acting like one, then we’re good.
I’m going to lay out a few basic rules right now.
First, the DON’Ts.
- Don’t be an asshole. This should be self explanatory.
- Don’t harass anyone, threaten anyone, or wish harm onto others (especially towards other users). Seriously, not cool.
- I’m okay if you call your fellow commenters an idiot, a troll, or similar. But DON’T use slurs such as the n-word, and DON’T bicker like children in a playground. I trust that we can all behave ourselves. (Basically, if you HAVE to call someone an idiot, explain why, don’t just say “you’re an idiot”. Have substance in your comment!)
- Don’t link to porn. We can all Google pornographic images/videos ourselves, thanks.
- Don’t spam.
Now the DOs.
- Do be nice to your fellow human beings/AIs/what have you. Even if you disagree with one’s opinion, remember that they’re just human beings on the other end of the screen with thoughts and feelings on their own.
- Do remember that this is simply MY opinion on things. I do not represent all skeptics, and I do not represent all feminists, all atheists, or all <group> for that matter. If you agree with me, cool. If you don’t, okay, cool, I’m not worried about it either.
- DO take a break if you feel the urge to write up a 3,000 word post on how much I suck and how you’re so angry at me that you’d break your keyboard. I highly encourage you to take a walk. It helps.
Warning policy: If you act like an asshole and I see it, I will take one or more of the following steps:
- remove the rulebreaking comment(s) in question
- put you on moderation for a certain length of time
- ban you from commenting